Last week Luke was quite fussy during physical therapy. Hany, our teddy bear of a therapist, had to massage Luke's belly for almost 30 minutes before he would calm down. He finally fell into a deep sleep and smiled the whole way through. Hany said that in his culture, which is Egyptian, they believe that when babies smile in their sleep it means the angels are playing with them. I just love that, especially because one of my favorite things to watch a baby do is smile in their sleep.
Today, just after Luke's MRI, Pete was holding him and Luke fell soundly asleep, again smiling the whole way through (more smiles than we've seen in at least a month). I immediately thought to myself...the angels are watching out for him, we're going to get good news. And we did! The MRI came back normal. While it means we don't know the cause of Luke's seizures, we do know that there is nothing structurally wrong with his brain. I'm sure our sigh of relief could be heard from miles away. Now we just pray that the ACTH treatment works, which should be apparent within a few days of starting the treatment. I just hope poor Luke doesn't have to endure some of the potential side effects that sound quite scary for such a little guy who has already been through so much. For now, I will say thanks to the angels for looking out for him today. We needed that and hope they continue to "play" with our baby!
Kristi and I have been thinking about Luke a lot lately and have kept him in our thoughts and prayers. We are so happy to hear the MRI went well and now hopefully the treatments will work. Let us know if you need anything at all, hope you guys are doing well. Talk to you soon.
ReplyDeleteTony and Kristi
Yaaaaayyyy! A much needed burst of wonderful news!! We love you all soooo much! XOXO!
ReplyDeleteDave & Melanie
That's wonderful. You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
ReplyDelete-Tehra