Aside from health issues, one of my biggest worries for Luke is bullying and teasing. I realize that bullying is something all parents worry about, especially as our kids get older. However, that worry takes on a completely different level when you have a child with special needs. Thank goodness times have changed and individuals with special needs are more accepted in our society now than ever before. We all know, though, that there will always be a few "bad apples" out there who find it acceptable to give these special children (and adults) a difficult time.
I love "Glee" for including Lauren in their cast. Of course, she's one of my favorite characters on the show. Her message here is a powerful one, and one that we can all learn from. Please spread the word to disable bullying of any form, but especially of kids with special needs.
I love her!! She is one of my favorites too... thanks for sharing, bullying is such an issue now that we are in the elementary ages, it breaks my heart when it happens to mine. This is a very powerful message I wish all parents would hear!
ReplyDelete