I am truly blessed to have a wonderful husband and 4 beautiful children. Our story is not unlike many others, but it is ours to cherish. This is my outlet (my therapy, if you will) and my way to keep those who are interested up-to-date on our journey, especially that of our son Luke who has Down syndrome. I will make it a priority to spread awareness about Down syndrome through this blog and other outlets.


Saturday, July 9, 2011

Fate


I've said it before, but I truly believe in fate, that things happen for a reason, and that whatever is meant to be will be.  So when we found out in February that I was pregnant, the first thing both Pete and I said was, "This is obviously in God's plan for us."  Since this was our first time experiencing what "normal" people experience when they become and find out they are pregnant, we were extremely cautious and nervous to let anyone know.  Even once we were past the "danger zone" of the first trimester, we still didn't shout it from the rooftops like we did with our other pregnancies.  Pete finally told me, however, that my belly was growing enough to make people wonder!  It just seemed too good to be true for the longest time.  Quite honestly, I think we are both still in shock that it happened the way it did.  With weekly visits to the high risk specialist, we can confidently say that all is good so far, and hopefully that continues!  We aren't finding out the gender, which is extremely difficult with the weekly ultrasounds, and is so not like us (we found out with Jackson, Luke and Olivia).

Jackson seems surprisingly excited and changes his mind each day on whether he wants "another Leeva" or "another Lukey."  Olivia loves to point at my growing belly and say "baby," but we'll see how our princess really feels once the baby makes an appearance.  And Luke?  Well, I think he's going to be the best big brother a person could ask for!  He absolutely adores Jackson and Olivia and watches every move they make, so we think it will be great for him to have another sibling.  We've been told that Olivia will really be more of a big sister figure in Luke's life due to their developmental differences.  This has always made me just a little sad for Luke, especially considering he is technically older than her by one minute, so I'm excited for him to have a younger sibling to look after as he grows up.  Really, who wouldn't want him as an older brother?



Just for fun, here is the picture I took to announce to our family and friends that Jackson was going to be a big brother.  He was almost exactly the same age here as Luke and Olivia in the picture above!
And I couldn't resist including this picture of Jackson practicing to be a big brother to the boy/girl twin dolls we got to get him used to the idea of two new babies being around.

1 comment: