I am truly blessed to have a wonderful husband and 4 beautiful children. Our story is not unlike many others, but it is ours to cherish. This is my outlet (my therapy, if you will) and my way to keep those who are interested up-to-date on our journey, especially that of our son Luke who has Down syndrome. I will make it a priority to spread awareness about Down syndrome through this blog and other outlets.


Monday, September 20, 2010

Celebrations


There were crowns and princess wands and prince swords.  There was more pink and blue tulle than you could imagine, along with sparkling white lights.  There was a feast fit for a prince and princess (or king and queen) and delicious cupcakes.  There was laughter, along with some tears.  There was family and there were good friends.  It was quite a celebration indeed...and we had so much to celebrate!  Luke and Olivia's 1st birthday celebration was all that I had hoped for and worth every sleepless night that I spent creating their prince and princess-themed party in my mind!  I wanted to make something special to commemorate their first year and worked overtime to create this video for them (be sure your speakers are on)...




My favorite part of their party was when we put their jumbo-sized Sweet Mandy B's cupcakes in front of them.  Prince Luke dove in right away, without hesitation.  Princess Olivia, on the other hand, picked at the cupcake, just two fingers at a time, without making the slightest mess!





And this weekend the celebrations will continue as Pete and I celebrate our 10-year wedding anniversary, as well as my 36th birthday, in beautiful and sunny Santa Barbara, California.  We've talked about this trip every single day since we booked it, but I'm not quite sure how easy it will be for us to leave the kids for the weekend, even though they will be in great hands.  We will miss them terribly, but we know this trip away together will be good for us and, in turn, good for them.  Off to bask in the glow of sunny days ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to all of you on reaching such a momentous milestone. Hope you have a terrific time to renew on your vacation

    ReplyDelete